Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Garden Layout

Herbs/Peppers/Cucumbers







Tomatoes, Zucchini, Beans, Peas, Pumpkin





Corn, Squash




























This year in our garden, I've planted a lot of new items, but some favorites from last year!!

Vegetables:
  • Bell Peppers (Green, Red, Orange, and Yellow)
  • Banana Peppers (Sweet and Hot)
  • Zucchini
  • Cucumbers (Pickling and normal)
  • Green Beans
  • Peas
  • Eggplant
  • Yellow Squash
  • Corn
Fruits:
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Tomatoes (Beef Steak, Cherry, Roma, and Big Boy)
  • In our woods - Wild Raspberries, and Blackberries
Herbs:
  • Basil
  • Lavender
  • Chives
  • Thyme
  • Peppermint
  • Oregano
Other:
  • Pumpkin
  • Pie Pumpkin
  • Acorn Squash
  • Butternut Squash
Most of the plantings were originally started from seed, but once planted we had a wet early summer, and the garden was flooded.  I was lucky enough to find seedlings from our local garden supply center and also from a supplier with my company.  Most are in our two raised beds from last year, but the corn and some squash are in a different section.

A few fun facts:
  • Plant corn in groupings - they pollinate each other, so you have to have more than just a few!
  • You can plant Corn, Squash and Peas all together - squash act as ground cover, corn grow and act as a bean pole!
  • More to come!
Yes, we are getting chicks!!  I can't wait to have "mini farm" fresh eggs for baking!!  They should be here a week from today - Tuesday, July 12!!! Eggs should start coming in late fall - I'm sure we'll have more than we need - so let me know if you're interested in getting "mini farm" fresh eggs from me!!

Contact me if you would like to come see our Mini Farm!!  I will also take growing requests for next season!

1 comment:

  1. Court - I think you need to take up beekeeping too. Fresh honey... :)

    ReplyDelete