Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Two years....starting new!!!

I'm so excited that my mini me is able to join me to revive the Mini Farm!!!!

Today we went and picked out new chicks.  Well, Alyse saw the ducks and INSISTED we got 2 of those, too. 6 chicks and 2 ducks. I can't wait to actually enjoy the eggs this time (last time I was prego  and then nursing = no eggs for me)

Since Jeff has honed his carpentry skills this winter remodeling almost our whole house (we are almost done), he assures me we will have a pest proof chicken coop when these guys are ready to venture outdoors!!!  I'm sure we will have an abundance of mini-farm  fresh eggs this summer/fall...if anyone in the pgh  area would like some....get on the list now!!!

Also getting ready to start our seeds for the garden. We are downsizing in variety, but not size. I always have leftover seedlings if anyone is interested come late May!!! Planning on: tomatoes, zucchini, peas, squash, corn (fingers crossed), herbs, beans, peppers, pumpkins, peanuts, potatoes, garlic, and probably some fruits for our little fruit lover. Any other suggestions?!?!

I'm still working on Jeff to plant some fruit trees and have a mini orchard....but he hasn't been convinced yet.

Can't wait to keep you up to date on the happenings of our mini farm and to share pictures!!! Hope you choose to follow me and be ready for recipes (written in our NEW kitchen!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment