Now not only do I have an over-abundance of herbs, banana peppers and cucumbers, but Zucchini have now been added to the mix.
With one zucchini I made 2 dozen batter-fried zucchini last night, and I'm planning on making 2 dozen chocolate zucchini cupcakes tonight. All with ONE zucchini. One down - 2 left in the fridge - 3 more almost ready to pick in the garden!!! I'm going to have to research more recipes!!! I also am planning on making charred chili salsa and chili BBQ Sauce with my banana peppers sometime this week/weekend!!
I'm excited to try this Chocolate Zucchini Cupcake Recipe!!!
Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
1 - 1/4 cups butter, softened
1 - 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 - 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup grated carrots (I'm going to try using more zucchini instead of the carrots)
1 can (16 oz) chocolate frosting
1 recipe cream cheese icing (optional - to follow)
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time, beat well after each egg.
3. Stir in vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Alternate adding to the creamed mixture: dry ingredients and yogurt. Beat well after each addition.
6. Fold in zucchini and carrots.
7. Fill paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Cool for 10 minutes.
10. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
**Optional - Hollow out about a TBS section of the cupcake and add a spoonful of cream cheese icing.**
11. Frost with chocolate frosting.
Cream Cheese icing:
1 (8oz) package cream cheese icing
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup confectioner's sugar (powdered), sifted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cream together cream cheese and butter.
2. Add in vanilla
3. Slowly add sugar.
4. Store in refrigerator.