Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Washington County Fair...etc....

Last week, Jeff treated me to the WashPa county fair!!! I've never been, and we had both been told that it was something we HAD to go to!!!  It inspired me.  Next year I'm going to submit some of my vegetables to the produce competition!!!  I saw some green beans, peppers, tomatoes and more...that won awards and mine look way better!!!

We also strolled along the horses, cows, pigs, sheep and chickens...I hope my chickens do not get as big as those suckers!!!!! OMG - I will FREAK out!!! haha.  We also saw some goats...which I'm toying with getting a few. Go ahead...roll your eyes...  I don't know...they kind of act like dogs, are cute, and they cut your grass for you.  And their milk makes one heck of a cheese!!  What do you think?!

I'm so excited - I've already started planning the garden for next year.  Definitely Hops - for my cousin Doug who likes to brew beer (They had it as a favor for their wedding and it was AWESOME!), an only Herb Garden...with more than I have this year, a pepper garden, and everything else I had this year.   Anyone else have any requests...and/or suggestions?!?!

Tonight I'm making Hot Sauce with Tomatoes from the garden...and hopefully a Tomato Sauce.  I'll post recipes and pictures at a later date. 

If you ever want to leave a comment, or send me an email - my email is courtiemc@gmail.com!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment