Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Still Harvesting...

So I have about 10 lbs of cucumbers in my fridge (without adding in the 5 lbs of pickles that still need canning...), about 5 lbs of hot peppers.  10 Tomatoes, 2 Green Peppers....and tons more on the way!!

The watermelon I found yesterday has doubled in size - it's about 6 inches long and about 3 inches in diameter.  There is a 2nd one growing that I found today...too cute when they're "babies."  The two pumpkins I have are both 6-8 inches long and about 6 inches in diameter - I'm hoping they get MUCH bigger!!!  I found a pie pumpkin growing today too, but it's really little and I hope it makes it!!

Yellow squash is finally growing around the corn, and butternut and acorn squashes too!!  We have 4 ears of corn growing.

The chicks are getting SO big!!! I figured out what scares me about them - whenever they start to flap their wings...I freak out!!! Otherwise, they're pretty cool...one keeps "flying" to the top of the feeder!!  We've had the cats and two of the dogs join them in their brooder just so they get used to them.  The one cat turned tail and ran right out, the other cat and the dogs sniffed around a bit.  They're almost ready to move outside...They'll still stay in their current brooder for a bit.  We'll section of a part of the coop until they get big enough to move into the whole coop!!

I'll be sure to post pictures soon!!! (I need to tell my photographer - aka Jeff - what pictures we need done!!!  Either that, or I need a new camera!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment